Are You Ready for Tax Season?
Are you ready for the 2017 tax season? Another year has ended, another has begun and the tax professionals at MHP are preparing for another tax season. Our mission is to help clients succeed by serving as trusted advisors and by providing quality, timely tax services. We will continually work to maintain our reputation for quality and exceptional service to our clients.
Our tax preparation process begins with the compilation of your tax organizer, which is a valuable tool for both you and MHP. If you are an existing client, this organizer is tailored to you, using information from your prior year tax returns. Perhaps the most valuable to you is the Q&A section in the organizer. This section identifies other tax deductions, issues and other matters that could impact your 2017 tax return. Your tax organizer is currently in the process of being mailed to you. If you do not receive it, please call our office.
Your tax return is prepared and reviewed by at least two of our CPAs and tax professionals, one of whom is your designated Partner/Manager. Our CPAs and tax professionals all hold Bachelor or Master degrees and attend annual continuing education, averaging at least 40 hours each year.
Our processes and software allow us to organize, streamline and automate preparation of your tax return, such as data entry, so we can focus our time and energy on the high-value components of tax return preparation, such as finding you the most advantageous tax solutions available.
So, what can you do to get ready for tax season and help us to serve you to the best of our ability?
- Organize your tax records, making sure you have received all 2017 information.
- Complete your tax organizer to the best of your ability. At a minimum, answer the questions in the Q&A section of the organizer.
- Get your information to us as soon as you can. Our workload is somewhat lighter earlier in the season. If you are missing one or two documents, consider getting us everything else, allowing us to get started on your tax return.
- After you receive your completed tax return, thoroughly review it.
- Promptly sign and return IRS Form 8879 authorizing us to electronically file your tax return. This Form will be included with your completed tax return. We also offer E-sign, where you can electronically sign the Form 8879. Let someone know if you are interested in this option.
Our desire is to develop and maintain a strong client relationship with you. This requires effective two-way communication by whatever method or methods work best for you. Our professionals are comfortable using telephone, email and text in serving you. We also have a secure client portal you can use to deliver records. Please let someone know if you would like to use our portal to receive your documents electronically.
We look forward to serving you and completing this next tax season. If you have any questions, please call MHP at 307-634-2151.