Amber is licensed to practice as a CPA in Wyoming and has continually practiced public accounting since 2001. She joined McGee, Hearne & Paiz, LLP in 2005, after working at a Big Four firm in Cambridge, England for three years. She leads MHP's Trust & Wealth Management Department, conducts audit engagements, supervises staff members and provides client assistance.
Amber is also the Principal Partner of the Fort Collins office, ensuring that she, as well as other partners and managers, are on site in the Fort Collins office on a regular, rotating schedule in order to accommodate client demands and participate in local civic organizations.
Amber spends her time working in the area of trusts, estates and high wealth investments, including asset preservation reporting, trust advisory and accounting services, risk management and tax planning and compliance. She also provides services in audit, accounting, consulting, tax planning and tax return preparation for both businesses and individuals. Amber has taught a series of webcasts to RSM US Alliance members on the topics of governmental and not-for-profit auditing and accounting. She has also led the Firm’s Accounting Services Department, which provides bookkeeping and payroll-related services to clients.
When not at work, Amber stays busy keeping up with her two young sons. She also enjoys playing piano and exploring the outdoors. Traveling is a particular interest for Amber; and she has already visited 28 countries to date and is excited to share her love of traveling with her boys.
- Trusts and wealth management
- Estates and gifts
- Governments and not-for-profits
- Federal compliance with Uniform Grant Guidance
- Small business
- University of Colorado at Boulder, Masters of Science in Business Administration, emphasis in Accounting
- Partner Development Program through RSM US LLP
- Cannon Trust School - Honors Graduate
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA Leadership Academy, Class of 2011
- Wyoming Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Colorado Government Finance Officers Association Member
- 2015 Wyoming Business Report’s “40 Under 40” Award Recipient
- Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- Children's Museum of Cheyenne, Board Treasurer
- University of Northern Colorado Accounting Program Advisory Council, Member
- Leadership Cheyenne, Class of 2015-2016
- Leadership Wyoming, Class of 2016-2017
- Cheyenne Kiwanis Club