Jeff is a native of Nashville, TN and joined McGee, Hearne & Paiz, LLP in 2003. Prior to MHP, Jeff was with Metropolitan Life Insurance Company in the Retirement Plan Services Division where he worked with numerous Fortune 500 company retirement plans in all aspects of plan operations. At McGee, Hearne & Paiz, LLP, he is the manager of our Employee Benefit Plans Department, where he helps small business clients with planning and administering their retirement plans.
In June 2016, Jeff provided expert testimony to the US Senate’s Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Subcommittee on Primary Health and Retirement Security regarding small business retirement plans. Specifically, he spoke about open multiple employer retirement plans and how small businesses can benefit from this type of arrangement.
When not at work, Jeff spends most of his free time with his family. They enjoy camping in the summer. And camping mishaps make great stories! Soon after moving to Cheyenne, he learned a few things about the local area: (1) tumbleweeds aren’t just props in Western movies; (2) park facing into the wind on blustery days, (3) shoveling snow at minus 20 degrees can be exhilarating!
- Qualified Retirement Plan Design
- Plan Administration
- Compliance Testing & Correction Programs
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan Design & Administration
- Audit Representation
- Employer Benefit Plans
- 401(k) Plans
- Cash Balance Pension Plans
- Trevecca Nazarene University, Bachelor of Arts Degree in Management
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans and Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Certified Employee Benefit Specialist
- Enrolled Retirement Plan Agent (ERPA) – Internal Revenue Service
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) – Intl. Foundation of EE Benefit Plans
- Accredited Pension Administrator (APA)--National Institute of Pension Administrators
- Accredited Pension Representative (APR) – National Institute of Pension Administrators
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans—Member
- International Society of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists—Member
- National Institute of Pension Administrators—Member
- Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce Leadership Cheyenne Program
- 2015-2016 Steering Committee Chairman
- 2011-2016 Steering Committee Member
- 2010-2011 Class Member