Ideal candidate will have one or more year’s related experience in bookkeeping and payroll. Candidate will also have experience in a professional office setting with extensive client contact.
Essential Functions: (to perform successfully in this position, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily as well as possess education/experience, employ the knowledge, skills and abilities as listed in representative fashion; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Performs all duties associated with basic bookkeeping and financial reporting, including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll.
- Prepares Balance Sheets, Income Statements, and other financial documents.
- Records financial transactions in accounting software.
- Maintains monthly general ledgers including chart of accounts and subsidiary ledgers.
- Reconciles bank accounts and other general ledger accounts to sub ledger balances or other supporting documentation.
- Prepares and enters journal entries as needed, including depreciation, amortization and payroll journal entries.
- Processes accounts payable for various clients.
- Processes payroll and makes deposits for various clients, including maintaining employee records.
- Organizes after-the-fact accounting and payroll records provided by the clients.
- Prepares payroll tax returns including federal returns and state withholding and unemployment returns.
- Prepares sales tax returns.
- Prepares year end payroll and accounts payable information returns (W2/W3, 1099/1096).
- Assists with SUTA and Worker’s Compensation audits.
- Communicates with clients regarding uncategorized transaction or payroll data and gather missing information necessary to complete job duties.
- Reports potential problems to appropriate internal management.
- Assists clients using client hosted software – either remotely or on site, and provides support and training on systems. Reviews internally prepared statements and provides adjusting journal entries when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Accounting Services Supervisor.
An employee in this position may back up other positions in the Accounting Services Department.